Sunday, October 25, 2015

16 Weeks update

Oh man, I just looked at my last blog update, and realized that I was 8 weeks when I wrote it. I am now 16 weeks! Time is flying by! I have been busy with the kids and playing chauffeur to and from school. Have I mentioned that I am taking 6 credit hours this semester to help reattempt admission to nursing school? Yeah...I'm taking Nutrition and Statistics. Nutrition is a breeze, but my statistics class is going to be the death of me if I get through it and I maintain my A I currently have in the class. My teacher is not very good at all, and is making things very difficult for us. When the semester started, there were 19 people in the class, now there are 8 of us, and only 5 of us showed up to take the test on Saturday morning. The homework, which is worth 20 percent of my grade takes an average of 6 hours to complete, for each assignment. I am having to teach myself the material with the online homework aide, because the teacher does not leave herself enough time to lecture in class. So, all that to say that I have been spending most of my evenings, after the kids go to bed, on homework for this class! December 14th can't come soon enough! But hopefully it is all worth it, so if you could, keep me in your thoughts and prayers regarding nursing school. The program is an accelerated 1 year program for adults who already have a bachelor's degree. Since that's right up my ally, I am really hopefully this will work out! The classes I am retaking this semester are just to improve my GPA so that I will have a better chance for admissions!

So, 16 weeks pregnant! Everything is going well! I don't really feel pregnant mostly. In the evenings, after a day full of kids and whatever that brings, I do. I have been feeling lots of small movements, and its definitely encouraging to get to feel those! I am starting to not be able to button my jeans, so the belly band I used for last pregnancy is my new best friend!

Remember how I was saying I wasn't nauseous, by some miracle? Well, since my last post, the nausea came on like a vengeance. I was instructed to quit all my shots and pills at 10 weeks, and that is when the nausea and other early pregnancy symptoms made their presence known. But even still, the nausea was by far the best nausea I have had for all my pregnancies. It got really bad in the evenings, around 4 o'clock, through dinner and bedtime, but would wake up in the morning feeling fine. It is starting to get a lot better now, so I can't complain too much! Still very tired, but that's to be expected at this point!

The intended parents are very excited and were able to tell their first born daughter that she is going to have a sibling soon! She is very excited, and I am so happy for them! At just before 13 weeks, the intended mother came to Kansas for the first time to attend the nuchal translucency test that we had done. I had this done last time as well. It is just an ultrasound that measure the amount of fluid between the baby's neck and spinal cord. If it is above a 3.4, then they are able to say that they suspect Down's Syndrome or Trisomy 21. My levels were checked and they said the levels are 1.7 Well below the 3.4, so yay! We also had some bloodwork done that just gives an extra confirmation on the same info, and that came back negative as well. That was great news and it was great to spend time with the intended mother and introduce her to my OB as well.

I have my regular OB check up this week, and so we should get to hear the heartbeat and maybe get a sneak peak at this little being in the oven. The intended parents and their first born will be here for my 20 week appointment and ultrasound, which will be the week of Thanksgiving! We will also tour the hospital and go through some of the legal aspects of the pregnancy regarding the birth certificate, and making sure the parents' name is on there. This part is going by quickly so far! I am just enjoying feeling better, and not being huge yet! Thank you for reading! Feel free to ask any questions you may have! I'm mostly an open book!

Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Wish you good luck... :) Stay tuned.... This is my first visit to your blog. It is good to read your blog. I am sharing here a video which will encourage you more. Surrogacy Centre in India

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for taking the time to publish this information very useful! I've been looking for books of this nature for a way too long.

    Test Tube Baby Centre in Jalandhar

    ReplyDelete