Tuesday, March 22, 2016

37 Weeks!

Hey all,
Well, I have made it to officially full term! I'm so looking forward to not being pregnant anymore, and am so thankful this pregnancy has gone smoothly, minus a few hiccups!

Hasn't really been anything eventful since the last update pregnancy wise! We are going to have a little bit of change come our way shortly after this baby does come. Right now, we are looking at a April 7th induction date. If I make it that long! At my 35 weeks appointment, my OB did the group B strep test, which came out negative, and she also checked me. I about fell off the table. She said I was dilated to a 1, 60% effaced, and anterior. You guys. I have never been dilated this early, or effaced for that matter! But, as most of us know, I could be dilated to a 1 for weeks before labor actually starts. But because of this, I probably won't have to go in the night before for cervadil like last time. Yay for that! I will have to be at hospital crazy early, at 5 or 6 am, so they can start the induction before shift change at 7 am in the morning! The couple will be flying in on the 6th, the night before, and will stay at a hotel across the street from the hospital, and will join me in the morning! It's getting exciting now, folks!

On april 15th, we close on our house that we are selling, and also on the house that we have bought! We sold our house in 4 days, and there was a little bit of time there when we didn't have a house to live in after closing date, but after 4 offers on 4 different houses, we finally got one! It's in a great neighborhood in South Olathe, and even has a neighborhood pool! The kids are going to love that this summer! It's been a little bit stressful with that experience but now that the house hunting is over, I have been able to concentrate on other things!

At the beginning of March, I officially applied to nursing school! Yay!! I'm not holding my breath, but will also be really disappointed if I don't get into the program. I've spent the last year preparing for admission, so hopefully it pays off!

I have not been this uncomfortable for this long in a pregnancy before. My body is finally saying its had enough, and while it is doing the job it has been asked to do, she is saying enough is enough, don't do this to me again! Okay, okay, body. I got it. No more baby making will be asked of you! I've heard people say it before, but now I can definitely attest to this. My first pregnancy with Brae in my early 20's, is very different than my 4th pregnancy in my early 30's. And maybe it's just because it's a 4th pregnancy, but either way, I am done after this! Helping two families has been so awesome, and in a perfect world, I would have a baby for everyone who can't, but that's just not realistic, and so I'm cutting myself off at helping two!

The next time I come back with an update, it will probably be the birth story, so stay tuned! Thank you all for following along with me on this journey! If you have any questions, or comments, I would love to hear them!

Talk to you all soon, not pregnant!!! WOOHOO!!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment