Saturday, July 27, 2013

Welcome to my Blog

Hello!

This is my first blog and I'm still learning about it, but hopefully I will get better with it as time passes! I am starting this blog as a way to share life experiences with friends and family! If you are one of those people, welcome! Stick around, life is going to throw some curve balls I'm sure!

First, a little background...I am 28 years old. I was born in Fortworth, Texas to Georges and Carolyn Boujakly and have a twin sister, Hanah. When I was a few months old, we moved to Cochrane, Alberta and stayed there until I was 5 years old. Let me tell you, my memory is a little freaky sometimes.  I was only 5 when we left, and I remember the exact lay out of our first house in Cochrane to almost every detail. I even remember the window in the basement that would scare me half to death when thunderstorms would roll through. My two youngest sisters were born in Alberta, Laura (26) and Bethia (24). Like I said, when I was 5, we moved away from Alberta, to Montreal, Quebec. All of my Dad's family is in Calgary with a few exceptions who still live in Beirut, Lebanon where my Dad was born.

We stayed in Montreal until I was 17, and then moved to Topeka, Kansas. I was not thrilled, and in my ignorance, I told my parents that "I am not going to go live where Dorothy lives!" While I wasn't completely off, there is more to Kansas than Dorothy, and I find myself content here.

I met my husband shortly after we moved here but didn't start dating him until 2002. He worked for a catering company in Topeka called Aboud's, and I got a job there as well, working as a hostess/waitress while he was a chef in the kitchen. He was my first serious boyfriend and we were inseperable from the night we had our first date.

We were married in 2006 and our first born, Brae, came in 2009 with Kynlee, coming in 2012. Our family is complete, or at least we both think it is. God may have other plans! :)

Troy works for a company called Mission:Repair. He is the General Manager and they fix all apple devices, other tablets, and other cell phones, and computers. Check them out if you're ever in need of a repair! They are a great company! Ok, ok,  I might be saying that because my husband works there, but still, they're pretty cool!

We just bought a house in Spring Hill, Kansas which is about 10 miles south of Olathe, and we are enjoying home ownership, with all its perks and troubles as well!

That's it. My life story in a very small nutshell! If you have any questions, ask them! I would be happy to answer! :)


Thank you everyone who reads this!

Sarah

1 comment: