Thursday, August 14, 2014

38 Weeks!

Alright, so I am officially 38 weeks today! I had a doctor's appointment today and so I am here with an update. 

At my 36 week appointment I was not dilated at all, and I wasn't effaced either. Fine with me since my husband nor the couple were here yet. Today, my doctor checked me and I am 1 cm dilated and 50-60% effaced. Some progress and it is a slow progress I am thankful for at this point. My husband flies in tomorrow. He has been gone for 5 weeks. WAY TOO LONG! I have forgotten what it is like to have another adult in the house. I get to watch whatever I want on TV, but I would trade that any day for having my husband home every night! The kids aren't going to know what to do with him home either! The three of us have just kind of gotten into a routine and we have adjusted to being the three of us, but I'm sure they will be so happy to see their dad tomorrow at the airport. I have been a little worried lately because I have noticed over the last week or so that the Braxton Hicks contractions that I have been having since about 18 weeks, have gotten stronger and longer. I know this is normal towards the end, but I have been stressing because as much as I want to not be pregnant anymore, this little French Baguette needs to stay in here until her parents land in this country! Monday is the big day for that! I am so excited to have them back here, and for the occasion in which they are coming! They finally get to meet their little baby girl! I can't imagine what they must be feeling, probably too much to put into words. 

I have been asked lately if I am wavering in my emotions or feeling like I won't be able to give the baby away, and the answer is not at all! This baby is not mine to give away. I am just the oven, and their bun is almost ready to come out! There is no ownership on my part, or bonds that have been formed and mostly, I am just so excited to see the look on the couple's faces when they get handed their firstborn child! 

I want for this process to go as smoothly as possible and for the couple to have a great transition into parenthood for the first time. The closer my due date approaches, the more and more anxious I am getting about labor though. I remember being in labor with Kynlee and thinking to myself during a contraction: "Oh man, I don't know if I can do this for somebody else." Now, obviously I have not let this thought stop me, as I am weeks away from labor again but I am just praying and hoping that it goes quickly and as smoothly as possible! I tested negative for Group B Strep so while there is no need to get to the hospital as soon as labor starts, I plan to get there much earlier than I did while in labor with Kynlee. I don't want to be desperate for a breather and pain relief as I'm walking in the door. I want to be reasonable and able to get in the shower or the whirlpool tub that the hospital has for pain relief! Wish me luck! I checked with the doctor again today, and so far I have only gained 14 pounds to this date. Not bad and hopefully since I'm not breastfeeding I won't put the weight on then. I gained 15 pounds with Brae, and 20 with Kynlee during pregnancy, but my body holds on to every calorie when I'm breastfeeding and I gain weight instead of losing it! 

My next appointment is on Wednesday. The doctor is still talking about inducing labor but I told her that myself and the couple would rather I go into labor naturally so we will cross that bridge if we get to it for a medical reason. She will check me again, and see if there is any more progress made. The couple will probably be with me for that appointment and they will get to hear the heartbeat again, and ask any questions that they may have to the doctor. I will post an update after that appointment. For those of you praying, keep me in your prayers over the next few weeks. This is the fun part, but also the nerve-racking part! 

Sarah 

No comments:

Post a Comment