Friday, August 23, 2013

Transfer Day!!

Okay, so I'm sitting here in the hotel room waiting for the phone call from the fertility clinic about whether the embryo transfer will happen today or Sunday. Let me tell you, this is a very anxious, nerve racking wait!

We started our trip to Boston yesterday morning.  The flight from Kansas City took off at 10:10 and landed in North Carolina. We got off that plane and had to walk through the airport to another terminal to reach our next plane for our final destination at the Boston/Logan airport. We got there just in time as they were boarding the plane already. If we had arrived 15 minutes later we would have missed our flight. For those of you that know me pretty well, you know that I hate to fly!

After a 2 hour ride in a shared van(not ideal), we finally arrived at the hotel! We ate some food and lounged by the pool a but and then came back to the hotel room to get a good night's sleep.

I just got a call from the clinic. THE TRANSFER IS HAPPENING TODAY!!! They got confirmation from the lab that they embryos look good enough to implant today and it is set for 2:00 pm Eastern time. I have to drink lots of water and have a full bladder during the transfer to get a good  view of my uterus! I will have to be on bed rest the rest of the day. Think implanting thoughts!! I will update after the transfer is done! That is, if I'm not too loopy from the Valium I have to take! Lol

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment